kisah Aftaz hilang 35kg dalam beberapa bulan



Aftaz Anwar discovered that a silent killer lurked in his body a year ago this month. He was diagnosed with Stage 2 Hypertension with a blood pressure of 156/103, which put him at risk of stroke, heart failure and atherosclerosis. 

“I was a whopping 107kg, at only 176cm in height,” he reveals. “Although I was obese, I was happy with myself – until my blood pressure results shook me to the core.” Although he played football and badminton for fun, exercise was torture to him. “I found it very challenging, as I was never athletic,” he recalls. Yet, he dug deep and found the willpower to break through that wall.

The satisfaction of finishing your run is like getting the pizza you ordered three minutes ago,” he says with a grin. Stage 2 Hypertension also forced Aftaz to re-examine his diet immediately. He only consumes 1,500 calories a day now. He’s cut carbs from most of his meals and eats lots of protein and vegetables. “No rice, pasta, bread and fruit,” Aftaz stresses. He practises portion control, takes multi-vitamins and snacks on broccoli; he also doesn’t eat after 8pm. 

“Working out without carbohydrates can be tough,” he notes. “So I’ll pop into Subway and get one of two things – Chicken Slice or Veggie Delite – on wheat bread. I’ll only have pepper, yellow mustard and olive oil as condiments.” But watching your weight doesn’t mean depriving yourself. 

“I do have cheat meals like fried food as long as I don’t exceed my daily calorie cap,” Aftaz confesses. He’s also discovered that his sense of taste has changed now that healthy food choices are a part of his life. “Chicken nuggets taste weird. Even white bread seems sweet to me now,” he adds.

Aftaz tries to strike a balance between diet and exercise. “Dieting is much easier than working out. I believe in the ‘70 percent diet, 30 percent exercise’ rule. But you still need to exercise to avoid muscle loss that robs you of your metabolic rate,” he says, divulging that he dropped to an initial 73kg, before bumping up to a healthier 78kg through weightlifting.

Prior to his fitness journey, Aftaz felt sluggish and apathetic, but now, it’s the complete opposite. “Waking up in the morning has never been easier,” he says. “I’m brimming with energy and ready to take on any task – whether it’s a long trek or household chores.”

After witnessing his radical transformation, friends pestered Aftaz for his weight-loss tips. “I posted my diet and exercise plan, which I titled ‘How I Lost 20kg in Three Months’, on Facebook,” he recalls. FunnyMalaysia.net shared the post, and it went viral with 150,000 views. “A Brazilian woman contacted me for advice on how to lose her post-baby weight,” he chuckles.

Through it all, Aftaz has found motivation in an unlikely source. “Never ignore the haters,” he advises. “Their teasing will motivate you to push yourself beyond what you thought were your limits.”

original article from: http://www.mens-health.com.my

kisah Aftaz hilang 35kg dalam beberapa bulan kisah Aftaz hilang 35kg dalam beberapa bulan Reviewed by resepi on 5:23 AM Rating: 5
Reviewed by on Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.